Here are a few upcoming events in our spinning program. Mark your calendars!
1) Sunday, February 1, Super Bowl Sunday Spin, 12:15-2:45 p.m., with instructors Gail and Pat. As of today, 23 members have signed up, only 3 bikes remain. If you are interested in the 2.5 hour class, which ends 45 minutes before kickoff at 3:30 p.m. contact me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, you must wear or bear a symbol/logo of your favorite pro or college team!
2) Monday, January 19, is the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. While many of us have a regular workday, many of us have the day off. Therefore, we will keep our schedule intact and offer both the usual morning/evening classes. However, as is our custom, we will add a 90 minute class from 9:00-10:30 a.m. with me. You do not need to sign up in advance for the class. The music will be a tribute to Dr. King, the class, rigorous!
3) Monday, February 16, is Presidents’ Day. Stay tuned for changes to the class schedule that day since the holiday extends more broadly to the work force than MLK Jr. Day. We will offer a 90 minute class that day, too, from 9:00-10:30, again, with me. No reservations needed.
4) Those of you who attend my classes have heard references to the 2015 Berkeley Half Marathon which will take place again this year in November (date has not been announced yet). In addition to the 13.1 mile race, there will be a 5K (3.1 mile) distance. Last year we had strong BIW representation in the race, something I am eager to build on in the new year. Whether you are a seasoned runner or don’t run at all, there is plenty of time to prepare for at least the 5K race, and everyone of you is in good enough condition to train. How about doubling or even tripling our presence in 2015? Intrigued? Write to me: email@example.com. I promise you can prepare yourself to run either race, there is plenty of time between now and November. Just don’t procrastinate!
5) Saturday/Rainy Day Sunday classes continue through the end of March and will only continue past that point if the weather turns consistently wet during April.