On Sunday, 11/4, we “fall back.” The good news is an extra hour of sleep. The bad news? Less daylight, but as usual, we’ll make the best of it. Read on:
1) Saturday classes begin tomorrow, two hours, from 7 a.m.-9 a.m. Wendy is up first, followed by Pat next weekend. They will alternate between now and the end of March. Please arrive no later than 6:45 and use the outside staircase. If the instructors don’t recognize you, we will ask to see your membership cards. Guests should bring $15 in cash and sign a waiver, either online or in person at the gym. The month of April is optional depending on the weather
2) Rainy Day Sundays are in effect as of today. A Friday morning forecast of 70% or greater chance of rain on Sunday will prompt Gail to send a class announcement on Spinnerblast. Classes will run from 12:30-2:00 p.m.
3) This Monday, 11/4, is the first Monday of the month, so we’ll double your pleasure beginning with Wendy’s tempo class at 5:30, followed by Pat’s class at 6:40. Pat will be out of town, Gail has the class plan and will conduct the second hour. You are not obligated to take both classes but are welcome in one, the other or both
4) Sign-ups for Thanksgiving Day begin today, November 1. We have room for 25 riders. Class is 2.5 hours in length, from 8:00-10:30 a.m. You will be able to shower afterwards and get home in time to help with the cooking! Experience the pleasure of not worrying about that second piece of pie, you are guaranteed to have burned it off in advance
5) Mark this down: the day before Thanksgiving, Wednesday, 11/27, the gym closes at 6 p.m. In order not to cancel Pat’s class, we are moving the starting time up to 4:00 p.m. You will have the opportunity to spin for 90 minutes, shower quickly and leave. The gym will close promptly at 6 p.m. So if you can’t attend the Thanksgiving Day class but want to spin the evening before, arrange to get out of work a little earlier that day and join us! Extra credit to whoever shows up Wednesday and the following morning for both classes. You can have three pieces of pie if you wish. Everyone else is limited to two pieces
Happy fall/winter season,